When it comes to desserts, nothing trumps the perfect pairing of caramel and chocolate! These Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce, fried on Westinghouse Appliances Australia‘s 90cm 4 Zone Induction Cooktop are no exception! Read below for the recipe.
Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce (Serves 4)
- 250 ml water
- 100 grams salted butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
To toss in
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 2L of Vegetable oil
Dulche De Leche
- 395 grams tin sweetened condensed milk
- 40 grams butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 400 grams milk or dark chocolate melts
- ½ cup thickened cream
- Place water and butter into a small saucepan, bring water to the boil.
- Whilst the water and butter comes to the boil, whisk the eggs.
- Set up a bench top or hand mixer with the paddle or double hook attachment.
- As the water has boiled, remove from the heat and add the flour. Stir until the mixture is a ball and comes off the sides. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Whilst mixture is cooling make the Dulche De Leche and chocolate sauces.
- Dulche De Leche: Place all ingredients into a small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves and simmer on a low temperature for 6-8minutes.
- Chocolate sauce: Place a small saucepan with 400ml of water on to boil. Place chocolate and cream into a small bowl on top of the saucepan with water, stir regularly until chocolate melts.
- Once the churros mixture has cooled, place into a bowl and turn the mixer to a slow speed. Add egg mixture slowly until well combined.
- Place oil into a medium saucepan, it should be 6-8 cm deep. Heat to approx. 160˚C (you can use a temperature probe or test the oil with a small piece of the churros mixture – it should rise to the top and bubble).
- Whilst the oil is heating up, place sugar and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Line a plate with paper towel.
- Fit a piping bag with a star tube. Place half of the churros mixture into a piping bag.
- Pipe 10 cm lengths of the churros mixture into the oil (cut the churros from the piping bag with scissors). Cook for 1-2minutes (or until golden) and turn the churros.
- Remove the churros from oil with tongs and place onto paper towel. From paper towel, place into sugar and toss to coat churros.
- Repeat step 9 until you have no more churros mixture left.
Pour sauces into separate bowls, serve churros on a plate and allow people to dip their own churros into sauce.